Tuesday, February 5, 2008

One week to go before our Central Coast escapade!


I've been looking forward to going away again for the weekend and spending hard earned moolah! And, finally! Hubby and I are travelling up north to the Central Coast (in New South Wales) on Valentine's Day! :) Yahoo! I've never been to Port Stephens and so this is making me very excited!

Port Stephens is approximately 200kms north of Sydney, either 2 1/2 hours car ride, or 2hours train ride to Newcastle Train Station and an hour coach ride to the township of Shoal Bay. We might as well call it a piece of heaven on NSW.

After looking at so many accommodation options, such as B & B's, Beachfront Holiday parks, camping grounds *yes! i know, I actually wanted to try this, but (un)fortunately the one at Gosford called Glenworth Valley was closed for the period in February :( . . We finally ended up with a booking in a luxury apartment at Shoal Bay Resort at Port Stephens! And to top that whole resort feeling, we are billeted in a beachfront one bedroom overlooking the beach/bay! Isn't that alone something to be excited about?? I am praying for sunny skies and cool weather, so we can do kayaking, biking, bushwalking, toboganning and 4WD-ing on the sand dunes and that dolphin cruise! Wow! To think we are just spending three full days!
Out of excitement, I must have called the Resort about thrice today! Just making sure that all is set and perfect... Here I go again, me and my itchy travel agent hands... Well, its free to dream and be excited!

No comments:

Raising bilingual kids

I am pretty proud about our eldest being able to speak my mother tongue (Filipino). As young as one year old we taught her to speak Tagalo...