Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Adventure on a quad bike

We went on a Quad Bike tour last weekend and I reckon it's one of the most challenging things (physically) that I have done in the past few months. (The last one was in December when I kayaked around an island in Palawan!).

Before going on the tour, we had this 45 minute training and practice. The instructor even mentioned that if we didn't do well in that first part, there's a possibility of us not going on with the tour! In the beginning, for about a minute or so, I though I was not going with the rest of the group! Really! I was such a klutz. I almost toppled over a few times. Well actually hubby said I wouldn't topple over anyway coz the ATV (quad bike) was heavy and made to be driven on rough uneven terrain (he explained it much better). We did the quad bike tour at Glenworth Valley.

Anyway, I did go on the tour with everyone else. I was right behind the tour guide, just so he could keep an eye on me! Haha! It was such a challenge to be rolling down the hills and up again, going through mud puddles and slidy patches of some things. Real adventure if I may say so. From the beginning of the tour I was wishing it was the end of the road! It was quite uncomfortable as I had my fingers pressed on the brakes pretty much the whole time! My arms were sore coz of the tension that the whole activity brought on me. Shoulders were aching as well as other parts of my body.

The whole ride through I couldn't appreciate nature around me. We passed through a river, heard a few bird chirping and singing, as well as other nature things that I could not really appreciate then. I was thinking to myself that whole time about pushing myself to the limit. All because I had one goal : to get to the end of the tour!! Funny I paid to actually make my muscles ache, body sore, etc! But anyway, I made it through! A few days after I could still feel the pain! Aching everywhere. But I guess it just means my muscles worked double time, and I received my month's worth of exercise! :) Would I do it again next time? I don't know. Maybe. Well at least if I did join a quad bike tour again, I would know better : appreciate the tour and environment. And to try to have fun in spite of the circumstance!

4 comments:

Gorgeous MUM said...

that seems fun! must be hard going through that rough terrain!

was able to experience it in dubai through sand. but i guess being on the dirt road is harder.

anyways, take care!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun - I loved the quad ride in baja - but someone in our group did flip over (he was a bozo)

Anonymous said...

The quad bike trip seemed like alot of fun! Thanks for the drop.

Gorgeous Traveller said...

Hi Shen, JulieMarg, MyBugLife

It was heaps fun!! Although all of me was sore the day after from too much bouncing off the beaten track! Nonetheless still fun! :)

Raising bilingual kids

I am pretty proud about our eldest being able to speak my mother tongue (Filipino). As young as one year old we taught her to speak Tagalo...