Thursday, June 19, 2008

Checking back in!


I've just been back to work. Well, my body was, but my mind was still adrift somewhere on an island in the Indian Ocean (Mauritius). So funny, but when I took a nap on the day I arrived, for about 10 seconds upon opening my eyes, I didn't know where I was. Literally. Since being on the trip, in a span of 6 nights we stayed at 4 different hotels! At one point I was giving out my room number to the waiter/front desk people mismatched room numbers belonging to previous hotels! Oh well! The joys of travelling!

It's been ages since I blogged here and I feel I am out of the loop. Just like the jetlag I am feeling. A bit here and there. I'm glad to be back in the comfort of my room. Back on the ground in my apartment, and back to the "joys" of working. Really, just the certainty of tomorrow and knowing that I will be logging back into work as usual, doing my rounds of passwords, dishes, laundry, etc. Seeing the familiar things can give a bit of satisfaction, the same way as seeing some place for the first time. I guess it just really is about having a break, and getting back on track after that deserved time off.

Will post photos and give feedback on my lovely Mauritius trip, when I am totally settled back in. For now, I am glad to be checking back into my blog. Ciao!

No comments:

Raising bilingual kids

I am pretty proud about our eldest being able to speak my mother tongue (Filipino). As young as one year old we taught her to speak Tagalo...