Saturday, December 31, 2011

Switching careers

I know I have said a number of times before about juggling both my careers as a travel agent and a migration agent. Sometimes I think if I should choose one and leave the other. However, part of me wants to do both at the same time. But I know I can't, because in the end one of which would suffer. Is it time to let go of the travel industry to be able to help others in their Australian dream, and concentrate being a migration agent? I have been busy trying to immerse myself in the migration business by subscribing to industry newsletters and even social media such as Twitter (makes me think if I should subscribe to Heavy Construction Academy Twitter ) and Facebook.

The past couple of weeks I have been watching about refugee migrants into Australia. It makes me ponder about how I could have a more meaningful career in migration. I know I haven't really got much experience at all for now, but I would really want to touch other people's lives one day.

The coming new year brings about this new fire and energy in me in pursuing something worth my while. I hope I am able to maintain this attitude and be able to follow through with this. Soon, I really hope.

No comments:

Raising bilingual kids

I am pretty proud about our eldest being able to speak my mother tongue (Filipino). As young as one year old we taught her to speak Tagalo...