Monday, November 28, 2016

Burning out

Lately I've been a bit burnt out with a few things. Not complaining as these give me full joy too (motherhood), but then of course sometimes the body is just not 100%. Sleep hasn't been the best lately (umm, for the past 8 years! hahaha).

I am looking forward to some R & R over the Christmas period. Nothing big or fancy, just two short nights at a hotel in the city. A staycation. But still, just a break from reality!

I guess as much as Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year! It's also giving me my usual pre-Christmas blues. It's the most expensive time of the year too! Plus, not having family around takes its toll at this time too. I wish I could be in Manila. Hoping and planning for next year - that we could be home for Christmas!
Photo from: https://luckyjmstar101.wordpress.com/2013/10/08/mesmerizing-new-york-winter-scenery/

No comments:

Raising bilingual kids

I am pretty proud about our eldest being able to speak my mother tongue (Filipino). As young as one year old we taught her to speak Tagalo...