Saturday, December 29, 2007

CityScope: San Diego, California, USA

I have been to San Diego once when I was young, and my only memory of it is the long drive from Los Angeles, to visit the San Diego Zoo!! It was quite a memorable one as that was one of the first few zoos I've ever visited. But looking back at it now, I don't remember much of it really. As I have No memories whatsoever of other tourist attractions, San Diego landmarks, or even restaurants in San Diego.

Now that I can actually plan my own holiday, I usually do a lot of research prior to the trip. And one of the essential searches, just like anything, is to find out about the tourist spots. This includes must visits such as : San Diego Restaurants, parks, beaches, museums, events worth seeing.

Should you find yourself heading that part of the world, be sure to visit at least one of San Diego's beaches/shore area (Blacks Beach, La Jolla Shores, La Jolla Cove, Children's Pool, Pacific Beach, Windansea, Mission Beach, Mission Bay Beach, South Mission, Ocean). Or do try the City's reservoir for other outdoor activities such as fishing, boating, hiking, jetskiing, etc.

Likewise, do NOT miss the opportunity to sample local San Diego dining, as this experience is at par with other cities of the world. I can name drop a few restaurants but I will not give justice to all, thus so many cuisines offered, catering to all budget, or ambiance. Do let us know if you have any one particular favorite resto, and I shall add that to my must see/visit on my next trip to that sunny San Diego!!

No comments:

Raising bilingual kids

I am pretty proud about our eldest being able to speak my mother tongue (Filipino). As young as one year old we taught her to speak Tagalo...